Divergence Neuro – Web/Mobile Frontend (React) Developer
Divergence Neuro Technologies, Inc. (http://www.divergenceneuro.com/) is looking for a talented individual to fill the position of web/mobile frontend developer to drive the development and continuous evolution of our web and mobile frontend applications. The position will be for full time employment.
Who we are:
Divergence is a Toronto-based startup focused on the research and development of a data-driven, cloud-based neuro platform based on EEG-analysis, user-friendly assessment, and machine learning to improve mental health for all. Our platform and research enhance clinical and personal mental health assessments by supplementing self-reporting methods with an easy-to-understand, cloud-based EEG software platform, offering individualized neurofeedback protocols driven by machine learning and AI combined with therapist interaction. We are here to serve the mental health professionals working in clinical practices and research fields.
We believe strongly in building on the talents of highly effective and motivated people including those that have just graduated or those who have been in the Canadian workforce for some time.
What is in it for you:
- Satisfaction of transforming the technology for mental health and improve quality and experience of digital health care at a large scale
- Chance to build a product that you can be proud of and grow with in the future
- Opportunity to learn from leading tech / science / clinical experts in the field
- Being immersed in a culture that is lean, agile, and scrappy
- Super laid back, no-nonsense kind of environment
- Flexible working style and hours
- Early-stage startup stock options – employee friendly pricing
- Central downtown office post opening (when reasonably safe to do so)
What you’ll be working on:
Divergence is building web and mobile applications that enables remote data collection, upload, program creation, user management, analytics, reporting and treatment session practice with integration to mobile, dry, wireless EEG devices. You will be a core part of the development team that is obsessed with great user experience, quality, and technical ingenuity.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Participating in daily standup meetings with development and product teams,
- Working with the product team to design and validate app features to deliver incremental value to customers,
- Working closely with the technical architect to validate design and specifications for web and mobile application features and improvements,
- Clearly documenting implementation and design decisions in Confluence,
- Building and implementing the web and mobile apps to be simple, elegant, secure and performant,
- Managing and performing maintenance, changes and bug fixes on the web app,
- Working closely with the backend team to utilize the REST API’s and propose design changes to accomplish features required by the web and mobile apps,
- Releasing the web app onto the AWS hosted environment,
- Managing the process of testing the web and mobile apps for compliance with security and privacy policies as well as to ensure compliance with the stated business objectives of the app / feature.
You must have:
- Experience developing, testing and launching at least three (3) data-driven web applications
- Three (3) years demonstrable practical experience using React (preferred), or Vue, Angular (co-op or hobby experience is applicable),
- Three (3) years demonstrable practical experience using React Native (preferred), or native mobile development (co-op or hobby experience is applicable),
- Two (2) years experience conducting web or mobile application UI / UX designs,
- In-depth knowledge of working with data driven workflow implementation and REST APIs,
- Solid understanding of security principles and practices on web platforms,
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently,
- A keen desire towards continuous learning and demonstrable cases where you have applied this to learn new things extremely quickly,
- Open mind and proven mental agility to pivot if and when required without impact to productivity and timelines,
- Resourcefulness to identify requirements and find solutions creatively.
Preference will be given if you have:
- Previous startup experience,
- Biomedical technology development experience,
- Understanding of lean product development principles,
- Previous experience leading / building a dev team,
- Full stack experience for web and mobile clients and backend,
- Experience designing UX / UI based on business requirements.
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering related post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent real world experience,
- Specialized training or real world experience in developing web and mobile applications.
We are looking for the best and brightest, motivated, talented people to help us shape the future of mental health technology. If any of this sounds exciting and if the above sounds like you, apply today!