Divergence Neuro Technologies, Inc. (http://www.divergenceneuro.com/) is looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Backend Developer to assist with building out our platform web services and backend infrastructure. The position would be working remotely on a contract basis until at least the end of the year and would require hours equivalent to a full work week each week. There is a possibility of the contract converting to full time employment if the project is successful.
Who we are:
Divergence is a Toronto-based startup focused on the research and development of a data-driven, cloud-based neuro platform based on EEG-analysis and machine learning to improve mental health for all. Our platform and research enhance clinical and personal mental health assessments by supplementing self-reporting methods with an easy-to-understand, cloud-based EEG software platform, offering individualized neurofeedback protocols driven by machine learning and AI combined with therapist interaction.
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to help transform technology baseline for mental health and improve quality and experience of health care at a large scale,
- Opportunity to learn from leading tech / science experts in the field,
- Work in a lean, agile, and no-nonsense startup environment,
- Super laid back, casual, transparent, flat culture,
- Fully flexible working arrangements.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Designing and developing backend services (REST API implementation) in accordance with the requirements,
- Tracking and managing your tasks and giving accurate estimates on requirements,
- Working with the product team to design and validate platform features to deliver incremental value to customers,
- Assisting frontend developers in testing of the end-to-end application,
- Building and deploying the application in AWS cloud environment in a secure, performant and well-documented manner,
- Performing maintenance, changes and bug fixes on the backend web services modules.
You must have:
- Experience developing, testing and launching at least two (2) data-driven applications,
- Three (3) years demonstrable practical experience using Java (Spring) or Node JS, and SQL databases,
- Two (2) years experience designing, implementing and deploying backend business workflows,
- In-depth knowledge of working with data-driven workflow implementation and REST APIs,
- Solid understanding of security principles and practices for backend coding as well as for DevOps in the cloud (AWS),
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently,
- A keen desire towards continuous learning and demonstrable cases where you have applied this to learn new things extremely quickly,
- Open mind and proven mental agility to pivot if and when required without impact to productivity and timelines,
- Resourcefulness to identify requirements and find solutions creatively.
Preference will be given if you have:
- Previous startup experience,
- Biomedical technology development experience,
- Understanding of lean product development principles and experience building a product from start to finish,
- DevOps / SRE experience in deploying and maintaining AWS,
- Experience with NoSQL / big data systems,
- Full stack development experience for mobile clients and backend.
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering related post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent real world experience.
We are looking for the best and brightest, motivated, talented people to help us shape the future of mental health technology. If any of this sounds exciting and if the above sounds like you, apply today!